Open Nature® Shrimp Taco with Creamy Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
Whether you’re looking for a new recipe for Taco Tuesday or grilling with friends on the weekend, our Shrimp Tacos with Creamy Avocado Tomatillo Salsa fit the bill. And you’ll want to put the salsa on everything! Make some extra to serve with tortilla chips.
Total cook time
- 16 each 21-25 Open Nature® Shrimp (defrosted and peeled)
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Safeway Canola Oil
- 8 corn tortillas (2 per taco)
Creamy Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
- 2 avocados (peeled and pitted)
- 7 oz Safeway SELECT® Green Tomatilllo Salsa
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 cup of cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 cup Lucerne® Sour Cream
Shredded Cabbage Salad
- 2 cups green cabbage (shredded)
- 1/4 cup green onion (thinly cut)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup poblano pepper (cut into thin strips)
Season shrimp with salt and pepper and dress with canola oil.
Grill for 2-3 minutes per side or until fully cooked. Reserve for tacos.
Combine all Shredded Cabbage Salad ingredients. Reserve for tacos.
For Creamy Avocado Tomatillo Salsa, combine avocados and salsa in a blender. Pulse-blend a couple times, then add lime juice, cilantro, garlic and sour cream. Process until smooth, scrape into a bowl and salt to taste.
Warm tortillas. Distribute ingredients evenly across 4 tacos in the following order: Shredded Cabbage Salad, grilled shrimp, and Creamy Avocado Tomatillo Salsa.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.