Black Bean Sweet Potato Nachos
We found a way to make nachos nutritious! Black beans, avocado, sweet potatoes, pineapple—several of our favorite foods—layer to create heartier, healthier nachos for your next party, cook out or tailgate event.
Total cook time
- 2 medium sweet potatoes thinly sliced (1/8 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-15 ounce can Signature Kitchens™ black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 medium onion (diced)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup cotija or feta cheese
- sour cream
- jalapeño slices
- avocado slices
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 2 rimmed baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. In a small dish combine salt, chili powder, cumin and cayenne pepper.
Serve black beans over sweet potatoes. Top with cheese.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.