From the French word for nail, “clou,” cloves are the dried flower buds of a tropical evergreen tree. McCormick® Whole Cloves are hand-selected to ensure that they have spicy-sweet flavor. The bold, spicy scent and warm flavor of cloves make the kitchen a cozy place to gather. Picture apple cider with whole cloves and orange slices simmering on the stove, or a clove-studded baked ham glistening with brown sugar glaze. Cloves bring incredible depth to slow-cooked dishes and Indian curries & chai. To avoid biting into a whole clove, stud a whole onion with a few cloves and add it when simmering stock, beans or stews. Use a grinder or mortar & pestle to grind whole cloves for freshly ground spice for making gingerbread cookies or pumpkin pie.
- McCormick Whole Cloves are hand-selected for spicy-sweet flavor
- Whole cloves bring bold, spicy scent and intense, warm flavor
- Add to mulling spices for holiday beverages like mulled cider or mulled wine
- Use whole cloves to stud a baked ham or add to brine for roast turkey
- Stud a whole onion with cloves before adding to stock, beans or stews