McCormick Gourmet Chinese Five Spice Blend is a classic blend of anise, cinnamon, star anise, cloves and ginger. It is used in Asian cuisine to infuse sweet-spicy flavors into stir-fries, roasted meats and stews. In traditional Chinese cuisine, Five Spice Blend seasons roast chicken or duck and barbecued pork. In Shanghai, it is added to a braising liquid of soy sauce and rock sugar in a method known as “red cooking,” which is often used for pork belly. Try Five Spice Blend in Vietnamese pho, pot roast or beef stew, as a spice rub for ribs, or mix with honey and soy sauce to glaze salmon or chicken wings. A pinch of Five Spice Blend also brings unique, warm flavor to spice cakes and cookies, muffins, quick breads and chocolate desserts.
- A classic blend of anise, cinnamon, star anise, cloves and ginger
- Used in Asian cuisine to infuse dishes with sweet-spicy flavors
- Add to stir-fries, roasted meats and red-cooked dishes
- The five spices in this blend are carefully sourced and are non GMO
- Adds warm flavor to spice cakes & cookies, muffins and chocolate desserts