Vegan Veggie Quesadilla
Just as gooey and delicious as the real thing, this vegan quesadilla is packed with perfectly seasoned veggies, layered with Signature Farms® Avocado, and cooked to crunchy, golden goodness!
Total cook time
- 8 12-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cans vegan refried beans
- 2 cups vegan cheese, shredded or sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Signature SELECT™ Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Signature Farms® Red or Yellow Bell Pepper, medium dice
- 1 small green zucchini, medium dice
- 1 Signature Farms® Yellow Onion, medium dice
- 1 cup Signature Farms® Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ears of corn, remove kernels from the cobb
- 2 ripe Signature Farms® Avocados, mashed well
- 1 lime, juiced
- Signature SELECT™ salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Signature SELECT™ Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Signature SELECT™ Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Signature SELECT™ Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Signature SELECT™ Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Signature SELECT™ Plain Salt
Prepare a skillet on high heat with grapeseed oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, and zucchini - sauté to caramelize the vegetables. At the end, add the corn and spices, mix, turn heat off, and let cool.
Remove the avocado from the shell, add lime juice, salt, and pepper. Mash ingredients together, taste for seasoning.
Lay out half of the tortillas, spread refried beans, then the avocado, cheese, evenly spread the vegetables on top, add the chopped fresh cilantro, and fold the tortilla in half to close it.
Prepare a clean skillet over medium heat. Lightly brush vegetable oil on the top of each folded tortilla, place the quesadilla in the skillet with the brushed oil side down. Once the base is browned and the filling is getting warm, brush the top of the folded tortilla and flip it over. Continue to cook until the filling is hot and the tortilla is golden (4-5 minutes for each side). Serve with salsa.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.