Salmon Skewers over Roasted Vegetables
Smoked paprika makes these broiled salmon kebabs and vegetables taste like they just came off the grill. If you don’t want the smoky flavor, regular paprika works well too.
1 hour, 5 mins
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar,
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard,
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika or traditional paprika, plus more for sprinkling,
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided,
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided,
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil,
- 1½ pounds red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces,
- ½ red onion,
- 1 pound asparagus or green beans, trimmed,
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes,
- 16 cherry tomatoes,
Preheat oven to 425°F. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. While whisking, add oil in a stream.
Toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the dressing and spread onto a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle paprika on cut side of onion and add to pan, cut side up. Roast for 20 minutes.
Stir potatoes and push to one side of the pan. Remove onion to a cutting board. Toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon of the remaining dressing and add to pan. Continue to roast for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss salmon with the remaining 2 tablespoons dressing. Cut onion into 4 wedges, then cut wedges in half crosswise. Thread eight 6- to 8-inch skewers with salmon, onion and cherry tomatoes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Season the potatoes and asparagus with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Turn oven temperature up to broil.
Broil skewers, 4 inches from heat, for 5 minutes, turning once. Serve skewers over roasted vegetables.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.