Italian Braised Chicken with Fennel and Cannellini
This saucy chicken dish takes just a few minutes to put in the slow cooker. And then you’ll come home to a hearty, warming dinner.
5 hour, 30 mins
Total cook time
- 2 - 2½ pounds chicken drumsticks and/or thighs, skin removed,
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided,
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper,
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained,
- 1 bulb fennel, cored and cut into thin wedges,
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces,
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges,
- 3 cloves garlic, minced,
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary,
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano,
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper,
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained,
- ½ cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth,
- ¼ cup tomato paste,
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese,
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh Italian parsley,
Sprinkle chicken pieces with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place chicken in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Top with beans, fennel, bell pepper, onion, garlic, rosemary, oregano and crushed red pepper. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, white wine, tomato paste and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; pour over mixture in cooker.
Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours or on High for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
© 2020 Albertsons Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
Select Your StoreCancel
We found multiple stores for you. One could be your favorite while another might be a store near you, or one you browsed in the past. Since some offers vary by store, we want to make sure we're showing you the correct offers for your favorite store.
Why do I see this every time I visit?
If you visit the website and are not logged in, we automatically pick the store closest to you. If you try then log in and have a different store saved with your account, we will confirm which store you prefer. If you clear your browser cookies (or have software that automatically clear cookies) you may receive this each time you visit the site.
To keep this from happening
Select "Keep me signed in on this computer" when logging in or go to your browser's settings and update them to not clear cookies for this website.
Cart Content Notification
We've consolidated the items added to your cart from today with those added during a previous visit. Please review and confirm the items and quantities before checking out.Close