Fettuccine Alfredo with Peas
Frozen peas make quick work of assembling this classic creamy pasta dish.
- 1 pound fettuccine,
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed,
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced,
- ½ cup nonfat half-and-half,
- ⅓ cup heavy cream,
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter,
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder,
- ¾ teaspoon salt,
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper,
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese,
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided,
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped,
Cook fettuccine following package directions, about 10 minutes. Add peas and bell pepper during last minute of cooking. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine half-and-half, cream, butter, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Bring to a simmer; gradually whisk in cream cheese and take off heat. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan.
Place drained pasta mixture in a large bowl and toss with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.