Chicken Cutlet Salad
Perfect for lunch or dinner, this crisp escarole and romaine salad is topped with balsamic-brushed chicken cutlets and a warm plum tomato vinaigrette.
Total cook time
- 1½ pounds chicken cutlets (about 6 ounces each),
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, , divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano,
- ¾ teaspoon salt, , divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, , divided
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, , divided
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, chopped,
- 1 large head of escarole, washed, dried and cut into bite-size pieces,
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed, dried and cut into bite-size pieces,
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced,
- Fresh basil, for garnish,
Brush chicken with 1 tablespoon vinegar and season with oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 3 minutes per side. Remove to plate; keep warm.
Add the remaining 4 tablespoons vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, 3 tablespoons olive oil and the plum tomatoes to the pan. Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan and gently heat through, about 1 minute.
Toss together escarole, romaine and onion. Slice chicken and arrange on the the salad. Spoon warm tomato vinaigrette over the top and garnish with fresh basil.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.