Better Homes & Gardens
Put down the phone; you can make this mango-chicken stir-fry in less time than it takes to drive to your local Chinese takeout restaurant.
- ¼ cup orange juice,
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce,
- 1 clove garlic, minced,
- ¼ teaspoon five-spice powder,
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper,
- 3 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces,
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch,
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil,
- ¾ cup pre-cut fresh stir-fry vegetables,
- ½ cup cubed fresh or bottled mango,
- ⅓ cup hot cooked brown rice,
- 2 teaspoons cashews,
To prepare sauce, combine orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, five-spice powder and crushed red pepper; set aside.
In a small bowl, toss together chicken and cornstarch.In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil overmedium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Add stir-fry vegetables; cook and stir for 1 minute. Addsauce, cook and stir about 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in mango.
Serve chicken mixture over hot brown rice. Sprinkle with cashews.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.