Better Homes & Gardens
Chocolate, Coconut and Almond Bars
Sweet, creamy and crunchy all at once, these bars featuring chocolate, coconut and almonds are deliciously decadent— and only take 20 minutes to put together.
1 hour, 20 mins
- 1 10-ounce package large marshmallows,
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened,
- ½ teaspoon coconut flavoring,
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut,
- 2 cups crispy flakes with crunchy oat clusters and honey cereal with almonds,
- 1 4.5- to 5-ounce package honey-roasted-flavor sliced almonds (1 1/3 cups),
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips,
Line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Butter foil; set aside.
In a large microwave-safe bowl combine marshmallows and butter. Microwave on High for 1 to 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir in coconut flavoring until smooth. Stir in coconut, cereal and almonds. Cool slightly. Gently fold in semisweet chocolate chips. Spread mixture into the prepared pan, pressing lightly into pan. Let stand about 1 hour or until set. Using edges of the foil, lift the block of bars from the pan. Place on a cutting board; cut into bars.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.