Super Simple Slow cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders
Enjoy this healthier version of a barbecue favorite! Cook a pork tenderloin in the slow cooker on low all day or overnight with a delicious blended sauce, then add pinto beans and serve on sandwich thins. Top with coleslaw if desired.
Total cook time
- 1 large pork tenderloin (approximately 1.5 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend (i.e. Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb)
- 1/2 sweet onion (quartered and sliced)
- 1/2 cup bottled BBQ sauce (of your choice)
- 1/4 cup beer (non-alcoholic or light beer can be used) (broth can be substituted)
- 12 ounce can pinto beans (rinsed and drained (i.e. Organics brand Pinto Beans))
Cover tenderloin with the salt-free seasoning (like you would a rub). Place in slow cooker along with sliced onion. Blend BBQ sauce with beer or broth and drizzle over the top of the tenderloin and onions.
Cover crockpot and cook on LOW setting for about 8-9 hours. Cut tenderloin into 2-inch segments in the crockpot and shred into pieces using two forks.
Stir in the pinto beans, cover and cook for 1 hour longer. Toast the sandwich thins and prep the coleslaw if desired.
Serve pork mixture on sandwich thins, topped with coleslaw if desired.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.