Roasted Chickpea Bowl
Power up with a robust vegetarian Roasted Chickpea bowl. Red onion, bell pepper and carrots with sweet potatoes, chickpeas and hummus is a healthy, filling dish full of protein, fiber and potassium. It makes a great meal or a yummy snack to share.
- 1 cup O Organics™ chickpeas (drained, rinsed & dried)
- 1 teaspoon O Organics™ chilipowder
- 1/2 cup carrots sliced on the bias (this just means diagonally)
- 1/2 large red onion (cut into slices on bias)
- 1 small red bell pepper (roughly chopped into bite-sized chunks)
- 1 small sweet potato (washed but not peeled, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds)
- 2 cups fresh O Organics™ spinach
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper hummus
to sprinkle on top
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
Preheat the oven to 425º. Coat a large baking sheet lightly with olive oil cooking spray. Add sliced sweet potatoes to one side of the baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle them with a little olive oil and sprinkle each with sea salt. Place in oven. (You will be adding the other ingredients in sections on the baking sheet, so just hang tight!)
After 5 minutes, remove baking sheet and add the red onion, bell pepper and carrots to one side, giving them a light toss with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Spread them into a single layer and put the baking sheet back in the oven and continue roasting the veggies.
After another 5 minutes (you're almost there!), add chick peas to the final side of the baking sheet. Carefully drizzle them with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle chili powder, tossing around with a tong to get them all coated. Roast everything for 10 more minutes. The chickpeas should be lightly browned.
To build two bowls, add half the ingredients around each bowl: roasted chickpeas, slices of sweet potatoes, carrot/onion/pepper mixture, and then fresh spinach. Put a scoop of 2 tablespoons of hummus in the middle of each bowl. Sprinkle the top with nutritional yeast.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.