Portable Gluten-Free Pasta Salad
Tired of sandwiches? Try this portable pasta salad designed to match the tastes and food tolerances of your family. Use a whole wheat or gluten free pasta, it’s up to you!
Total cook time
- 4 cups cooked gluten-free fusilli pasta (or similar)
- 2 cups cubed cooked/grilled chicken breast (salmon, tuna, roast beef, etc. can be substituted)
- 1 cup sliced grape or cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1/2-1 cup shredded carrots (shredded kale, zucchini or other raw veggie can be substituted)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (white and part of green)
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan (optional)
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil (O Organics®)
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar (flavored balsamic, if desired)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder (or 1 teaspoon minced garlic)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions if you haven’t already (make sure not to overcook). Drain and rinse in cold water and place in a large bowl.
Place chicken or other desired protein along with tomatoes, carrots, and green onion on top of pasta and gently toss to blend.
In small bowl, whisk oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper, and parmesan cheese (if desired) together then drizzle over the salad ingredients and gently toss to coat
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.