Hearty White Chili
Not all chili is red and made with beef! Our Hearty White Chile combines cannellini beans and pork for a warm, satisfying dinner. Skip the pork and use vegetable broth to make this meal vegetarian/vegan.
Total cook time
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 lb thin cut pork chops (cut into 1/2 inch dice)
- 2 diced green chilis (7 ounce)
- 1 can hominy (15 ounce)
- 2 O Organics™ Cannellini Beans (15 ounce)
- 1 cup O Organics™ Chicken Broth (Low Sodium)
Preheat a 5-quart pot over medium high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add pork, salt and pepper. Sauté additional 3-4 minutes.
Push pork mixture to the side of the pot and add cumin to the empty area, stirring to toast, about 1 minute. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.