Grilled Summer Vegetable Platter with Grilled Sweet Onion Dip
This Grilled Summer Vegetable Platter combines a variety of vegetables— asparagus, carrots, radishes, beets, red onions, Bella mushrooms, peppers, and tomatoes, grilled to perfection. Sweet onions, garlic, fresh dill, parsley, cream cheese and Greek yogurt combine to create the perfect dip. Serve it as an appetizer or side dish at your next barbecue!
- 1 bunch of asparagus, rinsed
- 1 bunch of multi-colored carrots, rinsed
- 1 bunch of radishes, rinsed
- 2 beets, rinsed and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 red onions, cut into ½ inch thick slices
- 4 oz. baby Bella mushrooms, cleaned and dried
- 3 bell peppers or jalapeños, sliced into quarters
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, cut into thick slices
- 2 avocados, cut into thick slices
- 1, 4.4 oz package Open Nature® water crackers
- olive oil, for brushing
- kosher salt
Grilled Sweet Onion Dip
- 3 sweet onions, cut into ½ inch thick slices
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons roughly-chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup Open Nature® plain Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces Neufchâtel cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Prepare grill by brushing with oil and heating to medium-high.
Prepare vegetables: slice in half carrots that are extra-thick. If tops are attached to carrots, trim them to 1/2-inch. Lay prepared vegetables onto a tray to carry out to the grill. Brush vegetables lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt.
Grill each vegetable until tender and crispy on the outside, then rotate each veggie so each side has grill marks. Beets: grill about 10 minutes, carrots, radishes, and mushrooms: 8-9 minutes; asparagus, onion, jalapeño, and bell peppers: 5 minutes; tomato and avocado slices: 3-4 minutes.
Remove each group of vegetables from the grill and place on a serving platter as they finish.
Arrange water crackers on the platter next to the veggies.
To make the dip: grill the onion slices for about 3 minutes per side. Remove, roughly chop and add them to a bowl, along with grated garlic, dill, parsley, cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and salt. Mix together.
Scoop Sweet Onion Dip onto the serving platter, then sprinkle with a few more chopped herbs. Serve.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.