Corn & Black Bean Salsa
We’re superfans of versatile, economical recipes like this one. Flavorful and healthy, this salsa allows you to add heat and seasoning to taste. Use it as a side dish, a dip, a topping or a filling for apps, breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Total cook time
- 3 large ears of corn (or 4 smaller sized)
- 3/4 cup chopped grape (cherry or vine-ripened tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup canned low sodium black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (firmly packed)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
Cut the corn off of the cob (you should have 1 1/2 cups) and add to a serving bowl.
Combine corn with remaining ingredients and toss to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste if desired and more cilantro or lime juice if desired. Cover and refrigerator until ready to serve.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.