BLT Chopped Salad with Avocado
This salad tastes like summer—no matter what time of year it is! Turn a favorite sandwich into a salad by serving Romaine lettuce, thick bacon, and tomatoes and crumbled blue cheese with a homemade sundried tomato vinaigrette.
- 1 head of Signature Farms™ Romaine Lettuce (chopped)
- 8 slices thick cut bacon (cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
In a blender or food processor, pulse to combine sundried tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Set the blender or food processor to low and slowly add olive oil until fully incorporated. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine romaine, bacon, tomato, blue cheese, and avocado. Pour sun-dried tomato mixture over salad and toss to combine.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.