Better than Mom's 7-Layer Salad
This colorful salad is a summer staple and a perfect bring along dish for backyard BBQs or any occasion. The twist is swapping in crumbled feta cheese for a bit of added flavor. Don't forget to top with sun dried tomatoes for a final flourish.
Total cook time
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 scallion (finely chopped)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 cups torn romaine leaves
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 English cucumber (cut into half moons)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup sugar snap peas (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped sun dried tomatoes
In a small bowl, mix to combine all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss to combine romaine and spinach. Layer cucumber, pepper, feta and sugar snap peas. Carefully spread dressing on top. Sprinkle sun dried tomatoes over the top. Chill up to 4 hours.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.