Better Homes & Gardens
Tuna and White Bean Wraps
This quick veggie-packed wrap boasts nutrition and flavor you won't find in a plain old tuna sandwich.
Total cook time
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion,
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice,
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper,
- Pinch of salt,
- 1 tablespoon olive oil,
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added white kidney (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained,
- 12 ounces cooked tuna, broken into chunks, or 2 6-ounce cans very low-sodium chunk white tuna, drained,
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered,
- ¼ cup snipped fresh parsley,
- 4 10-inch whole-wheat, tomato or spinach flour tortillas,
- ½ cup julienned carrot,
Combine onion, lemon juice, pepper and salt in a small bowl. Whisk in oil; set aside.
In a large bowl, slightly mash beans. Add tuna, tomatoes and parsley. Pour the dressing over the bean and tuna mixture; stir gently.
Divide the tuna and bean mixture among tortillas. Top with carrot. Roll up tightly. Serve immediately or wrap individually in plastic wrap.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.